Dnipropetrovsk is one of the most populated cities. It is the intellectual center of Ukraine. It has developed industrial production. The settlement is located on both sides of the River Dnipro. It has more than one million inhabitants. It is a scientific and educational stronghold of the country. All areas of the city differ in their buildings, area, population.
Dnipropetrovsk - a major administrative city of Ukraine
It is no coincidence that Dnipropetrovsk is called a major administrative city of Ukraine. It includes large settlements. It has industrial enterprises, bridges, educational institutions, modern buildings. There are 8 districts in the city: Central, Cathedral, Novokodaksky, Shevchenko, Chechelevsky, Amur-Nizhedneneverovskiy, Samarsky, Industrial. They are located on the right and left bank of the River Dnipro. The city has many monuments, attractions, historical places. There are "talking" names of settlements: Sail (from sail), Topol (from poplar), Mandykovka, etc. 2016 was remembered by the fact that many names of the districts were changed to new ones.
New and old district names
Thus, the former names Leninsky, Kirovskiy, Krasnoguardi, Babushkinsky, Yovtny districts began to be called Novokodak, Central, Chechelevsky, Shevchenko, Cathedral. The largest district by number of inhabitants is Novokadsky (164029), in second place is the Cathedral (159709), the third - Amur-Nizhnedneprovsky (144852). All areas are located on the right side of Dnipro.
Novokodak district was founded in 1920. He became famous for industrial production - metallurgy. It was one of the oldest districts. When the Second World War ended, the settlement began to develop rapidly. The sleeping areas began to appear: Communar, Red Stone, Sail. Currently, there are steel mills in the region.
Chechelevka is known for its historical past. There is the Palace of Ilyich in the area. This building was established in 1928, had a national significance.
The industrial area of 3,268 hectares is located in the northern part of Dnipropetrovsk. It has two large residential areas - Klochko, Left Bank -3. Even before 1920, the village of Sultanovka was located on the site of the area. After the Second World War, production began to develop, houses were built, so the name changed to Industrial. And this is not an accident. There are 18 industrial enterprises in the region, which are known throughout the country. Here are just a few of them: Interpipe Steel, Dniprometics, Dnipro. On the territory of "Interpipe Steel" there is an installation of 60 meters - a monument to the sun. Written by Olafur Eliasson.