Pushkin places remain popular tourist spots, which are visited annually by many students, schoolchildren and visitors from abroad. Literature lovers come from all corners of the globe to see what the great Russian poet lived and inspired.
In the village of Yaropolets on the outskirts of Moscow is the estate of Goncharov, where the owner was the mother-in-law of Alexander Sergeevich. Pushkin visited Natalia Ivanovna twice, in 1833 and 1834. Even then the walls of the estate began to be covered with cracks. As the poet himself put it, Goncharova "lived in a ruined palace." The room where Pushkin stayed remained intact until 1941, and was destroyed along with most of the house during World War II. Later the estate was restored and turned into a recreation center.
The main elements of the Potter complex, once created by the famous architect of the time I.V. Yegov, were restored. Unfortunately, only the southern wall remained from the high fence.
Until now, there are large gates, made in the form of castle towers with sharp prongs. In the yard there is a mansion surrounded by a semicircle of outbuildings. The house is adjacent to two outbuildings, which leads to a couple of transitions. Near the estate is a large and majestic temple of John the Forerunner.
Little Pushkin liked to go to the village to his grandmother. M.A. Hannibal hosted her grandson every summer throughout 1805-1810. In 1811, the estate was transferred to Alexander's aunt, Agraphena Alexeyevna.
It was in the estate of the poet who first learned what the village way of life was, transferring this experience to his works. The creator drew inspiration from the beautiful nature, architecture, daily activities and communication with his family - nanny, grandmother, brother and sister.
Unfortunately, the house was destroyed. During the first restoration, a wooden copy was erected on the foundation, but it burned down in 1933. The mansion was rebuilt only in 1999 and turned into a museum. Here you can look at things, though not belonging to Pushkin, but well conveying the atmosphere of those years.
The estate of Big Vyazema has impressed many famous people, including Kutuzov and Napoleon. Pushkin often visited here and drew inspiration for his works. The same heroine of "The Peak Lady" is based on the personality of one of the inhabitants of the mansion. The palace itself became a prototype of the estate where Eugene Onegin lived.
The estate has a rather interesting history. Back in 1585 Boris Godunov received at his disposal a plot of land on which he erected a large wooden castle, a temple, an outhouse and a house for the boyars. A protective wall was built around the structures, thus turning the Great Elms into a fortress. During the Troubles, false Dmitrys settled in the house. Then the estate passed into the possession of Boris Golitsyn, who was engaged in the restoration of the palace. His business was completed by his great-grandson in 1784. Thanks to them, the estate has survived to this day. Now the estate is home to the Historical Literary Museum.
It is not only the surroundings of Moscow that are rich in monuments. In the capital, too, there is a house associated with the life of Pushkin. The Palace of Volkov-Yusupov is located near the Red Gate station. Alexander's family lived here in 1801-1803, staying in the western chambers. The estate has an architecture full of elegant forms and curious details. The palace consists of a pair of terem, on the facade of which stand out columns, cashiers and kettlebells. There are bars, weathervanes and speakers on the roofs. In the design of the building you can see wrought and carved elements.
Pushkin House Museum in Moscow
Pushkin left his mark in the center of Moscow, on Arbat. He settled there in 1831, renting rooms in a two-story building. It was here that the poet spent the happiest years of his youth. A bachelor party took place in the walls of the house, and then began a joint life with N.N. Goncharova.
In 1986 the apartment was turned into a museum. The interior of the house was not preserved, and the staff did not have enough information to recreate it, so the second floor of the building is almost empty. However, on the walls hang old portraits of friends of Pushkin and his family, painted during their lifetime. You can also see several unique exhibits, including two tables belonging to A.S. Pushkin and his wife N.N. Goncharova. On the ground floor there is an exhibition "Pushkin and Moscow" as well as paintings inspired by some of the works of the great poet.
The Pushkin Mountains is a settlement an hour's drive from Pskov. Here is a large museum complex named after A.S. Pushkin, which includes eight objects:
- Voronic Township;
- Savkin Gorka settlement with a chapel and a bowed cross;
- Mill Museum in the village of Bugrovo;
- The Assumption Cathedral of St. George's Monastery;
- Pushkin Mountains.
The buildings include two estates that once belonged to the poet's family and friends, and the monastery where the poet was buried. Let's dwell in detail on the most important historical and literary objects.
Alexander sergeevich spent a lot of time in the estate of Mikhailovsky. He visited the ancestral mansion both in his youth and in maturity. It was here that his three-year reference from 1824-1826 passed. In 1911, the estate arranged a museum, which survived two restorations after the fire and World War II.
Guests can visit several rooms filled with things belonging to the poet. Available rooms include Pushkin's office, where his desktop stands.
The Petrovsky estate belonged to the poet's relatives, from the great-grandfather of A.P. Hannibal to his uncle V.P. Hannibal. In 1936, Petrovsky was made a museum, which was damaged by a fire in 1918. Now two mansions and a picturesque square with a gazebo-grotto are open to the public.
The estate belonged to Osipov-Wolf, friends of the poet, with whom he became close during his exile 1824-1826. Like previous buildings, the mansion was damaged in a fire in 1918. After the war, restoration work began. In 1962 the house was restored, and in 1978 the bathhouse was revived. The second building served as a garden house for the poet, where he loved to spend time.
The property is surrounded by a park where there are such curious objects as "Onegin's Bench" and "Tatiana Alley". Literary scholars believe that Trigorsky is a prototype of the Larin's estate. Local places and people became an inspiration for Pushkin. The most interesting place in the garden - oaks planted around. Because of the way they land, they look like a large sundial.
St. John's Monastery
Pushkin and his family were buried here. The cathedral was erected in the 16th century by decree of Ivan the Terrible IV. There is a legend that the monastery was placed where the shepherd saw the icon of the Mother of God. Alexander sergeevich was a frequent visitor to the monastery and attended local fairs. He liked to talk to churchgoers and parishioners. After 1924, the temple was closed for some time, and resumed its work in 1992.
It is worth noting that Pushkin's places are much more. The great poet has visited many cities and towns of Russia, as well as abroad.